August 23, 2018
VISTA, CA, August 23, 2018 The Bergelectric Charitable Foundation was proud to support Operation Hope in Vista, CA today by making a monetary donation to their organization along with the donation of needed items by the generous employees from Bergelectric’s San Diego regional office. Donations by Bergelectric employees included: Gift cards for transportation, healthy snacks, blankets/sheets, pillows, sunscreen, plastic bins, cleaning supplies, and bottled water.
About Operation Hope-Vista
Operation HOPE-Vista is a homeless shelter for families. They have 45 beds spread across 11 family rooms and one small dorm for single women. Clients in the program receive intensive case management, advocacy, counseling, education/training in the areas of parenting, healthy communication, basic finance, job interview readiness and credit repair. Over 30-90 days, clients work on meeting the goals of their individualized program plan with the support of a clinically trained staff. Children in the program receive one-on-one tutoring for their schoolwork (almost all the children come into the program significantly behind in school), counseling if needed, and a daily skills-based hour disguised as fun. Every client coming into the program is assessed in 13 self-sufficiency areas and again at the end of the program to determine program efficacy. They have a 67.9% rate of success of housing the families, when the national average is just 19%.
- A safe, drug and alcohol free environment.
- Specialized case management and guidance in constructing a personalized treatment plan with attainable self-sufficiency goals.
- Classes on financial health including budgeting and credit recovery, Resume Building and Improved Employment Skills, Healthy Relationships and Communication, Nutrition and Healthy Living and Parenting which offer clients the tools to sustain their new life
- Hot dinners, cereal for breakfast and leftovers/donations for lunch
- Children’s Homework Club and Enrichment Activities
- Operation HOPE-Vista’s goal is that every client who works their case management plan will leave our facility with a housing plan intact as well as the tools to maintain independence.
For more information about Operation Hope-Vista, please visit their website at: https://www.operationhopeshelter.org/